The “Backyard Chicken Coop” is our smallest model, but you get all the features and insights that go into our more larger coops – except the wheels and trolley. The Backyard is 184 cm long, 92 cm wide and 92 cm tall. The Backyard model is made from the highest quality galvanised steel tube, “Galah” grade aviary mesh and 0.6mm thick Colorbond sheets. (By contrast your garden shed is probably made from 0.3mm Colorbond).
This durable construction means the coops are stable in the strongest winds and can withstand the knocks and bumps of the Australian backyard.
Your coop features:
- Steel roosts and plastic laying box (much easier to clean than timber and free from mite infestation)
- Open floor (allowing your chickens access to fresh green feed and minimising any cleaning you have to do)
- Removable weather shield (maximising airflow in Summer and reducing it in Winter)
- 0.6mm Colorbond as standard (Pale Eucalypt looks great and is a Bluescope® product)
- Front and rear door access (for food/ water and for collecting eggs)
- “Galah” grade galvanised mesh (Parrots cannot chew through it and nothing else can either)
If you love the backyard chicken coop, but you really do want the ability to move it around the yard, then take a look at the Backyard Chicken Tractor.
A mesh floor is available should you need it and costs an extra $29.